If you are thinking of moving into the area surrounding Perth Airport it is important to understand how aircraft noise could affect you. Not everybody is affected by noise in the same way. How aircraft noise may affect you personally will depend upon many things. Some things to consider are:
- Are you sensitive to noise?
- Are you easily disturbed or do you wake up often?
- Is the home in an otherwise peaceful area, well away from major traffic and other noises that could mask aircraft noise?
- Is the home close to the airport or directly below regular aircraft flight paths?
- Is the home lightweight or poorly insulated from noise?
- Are you usually at home during the day?
- Do you regularly entertain outside?
- Do you usually sleep with the bedroom windows open?
If you answered yes to a number of these questions then you are more likely to be disrupted by aircraft noise.Previous Next